Saturday, January 22, 2011

Making The Most Of A Great Deal


Last weekend I found a large bag of bananas in the produce clearance basket at HEB for 99 cents. I grabbed them up planning on baking a bunch of banana bread. Today they were good and ripe so I made a triple batch of my recipe and got 2 loaves of bread and a dozen muffins out of it. I put the two loaves and 6 of the muffins in the freezer. Banana Bread like most freezes great and it's perfect to pull out when you're going on a trip, I usually don't have time to bake before we leave, for last minute get-togethers or unexpected company, which happens all of the time at my house. I feel like I got so much out of the 99 cents I spent just adding staples from my pantry.

1 comment:

  1. Can you post the recipes you use for both the muffins and the bread?

    ReplyDelete