Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just A Little Rant

I just need to vent a little about a couponing incident that occurred yesterday at HEB. After years of couponing I've discovered that some people who work at stores think they are the coupon experts when clearly they have no idea what they are talking about. I've had them try to tell me outrageous things and act like I'm the one who doesn't know what I'm doing when they've probably never used a coupon in their life. So back to yesterday, I've been under the impression and have found that some coupons have a store logo on it's face but is marked manufacturer's coupon at the top. I've used these coupons at any store without trouble many times. Yesterday my cashier looked young and a little inexperienced, I had two coupons with a Kroger logo on it but they were also manufacturer's coupons. She went to verify it with I guess a manager. She came back and told me I couldn't use them because they were Kroger coupons. I very nicely explained to her that she was wrong, she asked the manager to come over, I explained what I believed to be the coupon rules to her. She then told me that I was incorrect but she would let me use the coupons this one time but in the future I needed to understand that the manufacturer would only reimburse the store who's logo was pictured on the front. This may be true but I just had this funny feeling that she pulled this out of the air because she really wanted to have the last word and she was annoyed that I was using coupons (store employees do not like couponers). Don't think I'm going to let this rest, I'll find out if she is right or not.

3 comments:

  1. I just went to HEB's website and read their coupon policy and it wasn't very clear on this subject so I emailed them on it. I did read on their policy where a cashier had been wrong a couple of weeks ago. She told me I couldn't combine store and manufactuer's coupons and it clearly states on their policy where they do combine. I'm going to print out all of the coupon policies of the stores I frequent and have them ready to deal with smarty pants little cashiers who think they know couponing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEB replied to my email and they stand by their employee. They do not accept manufacturer's coupons with a logo from another store. They do however stack coupons like Target, this is good to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran into an incodent at walgreens yesterday. I had a buy one get one free coupon for body wash. and it did say one coupon per transaction. so i was going to purchase one set and kyle another and emili another. And the cashier saw all the body wash in my basket and told me i wasnt alowed to take that many out of the store. I told her that i knew it was one per transaction and that is why we were each going to buy a set. she got really ugly and told me that I was only one per household! and that I didnt need that many body washes!! and then she said that she had to have some left for other customers thru the week! I told her well if they got their coupon and got here sooner then they could have had the body wash! she still told me i wasnt alowed to have them. I told her to ring me up for the first set and that i will hit all the other walgreens in the area if I had too that they arent the only ones! and left my basket right there with the body wash still in it!

    ReplyDelete