Saturday, January 19, 2013

Low Spend January Day 19

It's been a challenge to keep up with this while being cooped up in the house with two sick kids, but I tried. I did go over on my grocery budget by about $75 and my spending money I used up renting movies and getting treats for sick/sad kiddos. I had planned on keeping my spending down so I could buy some theatre tickets to a play we are going to later this month, but I ended up having to take that $24 outside of my spending money. Also I quickly discovered I had aimed too low with my misc. line item, I some how had forgotten that I was going to need more toilet paper, trash bags, dog food, ect. Needless to say, I over spent that line by $60. With only eleven more days left in the month I feel pretty good about things. Even though I overspent some places, trying to keep within a certain limit helped us save some money. Which came in handy when my car died and we needed to get it repaired. Here is what my budget looks like on day 19 of my Low Spend Challenge:

                    Allotted    Used     Left

Gas              $290        $250    $40

Spending      $290        $250    $40

Eating Out    $30           $30     $0

Groceries      $300        $375    -$75

Misc.             $40          $100    -$60

No comments:

Post a Comment