Monday, January 7, 2013

Menu Update

Friday I tried making Baked Cheese Sticks for lunch and it didn't turn out well. They were more like cheese patties, but don't worry, I ate them anyway. Then for Supper I made Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread and I did much better with that! I cooked the chicken in coconut oil instead of olive oil, used part skim cheese and light ranch ( we're not Blue Cheese people). There isn't much you can do about all the bread the chicken and cheese are wrapped in except not eat too much. My daughters LOVED it, I thought it was pretty good too. I served it along with some steamed broccoli from my neighbors garden, yum!

Saturday I made English Muffin Mini Pizzas, my kids and their friends LOVE these! I cut an English Muffin in half and lay it open face on a cookie sheet. I spread some tomato sauce on top and sprinkle with Italian Seasoning. Then sprinkle with part skim mozzerella and whatever toppings you like, we use Turkey pepperoni, black olives and mushrooms. I bake them on 425* until cheese is melted and edges of muffin are toasty. Right before I made lunch I put some Chicken Teriyaki in the crockpot and sprinkle some sesame seeds in with the mixture. I let that cook all afternoon while we were at a birthday party and then served it over some parboiled white rice. Unfortunately my kids didn't even try it because I was super nice mom and let them each get a $1 hamburger when we stopped at McDonald's on the way home from the party for a potty break. I felt bad because I knew they were starving and it was still going to be a couple of hours before supper. Well it was a mistake on my part because they claimed they were too full to eat their supper after that, lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment