Sunday, February 27, 2011

Budget Bummer

I'm totally bummed out because I spent my entire grocery budget yesterday at Kroger. I have plenty of food so it's not like we'll have to go with out it's just that I'll still need milk, water and I'm sure a few other things and that will push me over budget. I have to understand that with a budget that low ($200 a month, $100 every two weeks) I'm going to go over sometimes. I decided I rather aim to keep it low and just take the chance of going over than raise it and be spending more because I have it, because that's what I'd do. Last night I watched Suze Orman and Until Debt Do Us Part, I love watching those shows on Saturday night, it keeps me inspired throughout the week. I know several of you have been working on menu planning and budgeting for groceries, how's it going?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a super low budget, so don't be hard on yourself! I'm sure you already know about the milk policy at Kroger, but in case you don't, they mark down milk 50% off if it's within 10 days of sell by date. Even if it's not marked with the "manager's special" tag if it's within 10 days ask the manager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that about the milk, I need to check that out.

    ReplyDelete