Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Last Shopping Trip For The Week....Hopefully

I ran to HEB this evening while the kids were at church which turned out to be a bad time to shop, it was c-razy in there! I was planning on this being my only shopping for this week and I knew I'd probably not be able to stay within the $20 I had remaining in my grocery budget to spend. I really only "needed" a few of the items I bought but there were some great deals I wanted to take advantage of. I'm hoping I'll be able to create a snowball effect and eventually be spending less but we shall see, it's all experimental. I came away spending approximately $60 putting me $40 over the $20 I wanted to spend. I came home with the following:

(2) Red Baron Pizzas (2/$5 used two 55 cent of coupons)

Red Baron French Bread Pizza (free w/purchase)

Ceaser Dressing (Free with purchase)

Pork Spare Ribs ( $1.77 lb. Aaron loves to put these on the pit so I buy them and other items he likes to smoke when they are on sale and when I get several he cooks them all in one day and I freeze it for individual meals later on)

Tyson Chicken Fries (used a $1 off coupon and got some freebies w/ it)

Zatarain's Rice (no coupon but it's the only kind I like and I was completely out)

Wing Sauce ($1 coupon made it $2.15)

HEB Orange Soda 2 ltr. (free w/purchase)

(4) 12 pack cans of Dr. Pepper (4 for $10)

Hot Wings ( Regular price but came with freebies)

Salsa Bowl (free w/purchase)

Canola Oil (regular price but I was out)

2 lbs of Sausage ($6 my family likes the "good" kind)

Bottled Water ( regular price but we're very picky)

Ranch Dressing (free w/purchase)

Potato Chips (free w/purchase)

I don't plan on going back to the store for the rest of the week, especially since I've already spent more than I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment